Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thing 12 - Twitter

I set up a Twitter account and included two sites to follow - Arlington Public Library which has a brand new twitter site and the Newbery Library in Chicago. It is kind of interesting to see the little tweets or blurbs that people will post on a Twitter site.

I made the mistake of including the 20 or so sample Twitter sites that came up as I registered and I went back and deleted those sites because I'm not interested in Vegas stuff or the person who Tweeted me to see their R rated pictures. I started having "hits" immediately on the Twitter site. The Twitter account could have a million unwanted "hits" a day and it would be very difficult to keep up with all of those.

Twitter is everywhere and everyone seems to have them. The last Twitter site I looked at was yesterday on the Arlington Public Library site since it was brand new.

No comments:

Post a Comment