Sunday, August 16, 2009

Thing 23 - Reflection

What was your favorite or least favorite Thing?

I have really enjoyed learning about Blogs, Image Generators, Tagging Delicious, Dig, Library Thing, LibWorm and those things will be useful to me either technology wise or professionally. Some of the information can be shared with others.

What was challenging for you?

Most of the course was challenging and took me out of my comfort zone.

What did you learn?

Some of the things in this course I had heard of, some I had used, some were foreign to me. I learned about many different things and have a better understanding of what some of these "words" now mean. I also know how to use them now.

What new technologies will you use in your library?

Blogs, Flickr, Image Generators, Delicious. My school district has a Wiki and they use Google Docs. You Tube has some clever things on it, some of which is appropriate for students and some absolutely isn't. Some of the things on You Tube are wonderful time wasters.


Write a paragraph or more, reflecting upon your experiences.

I have enjoyed learning about the different aspects of Web 2.0 and what each thing can do. Some of this stuff like Instant Messaging and Twitter, I can see taking up an enormous amount of someone's time and personally it seems like a waste of my time. That is probably because of my age and maybe if I was 30 years younger I'm sure I would have a different opinion of some of this stuff. Ning was so detailed that I did not find it worth the trouble to go back and continue to explore it again. Digg was fun as you can find various news stories and stories that don't necessarily appear on msnbc.new or cnn.com or any other major news story. You Tube is a fun way to kill a lot of time. Tagging is simply a method of organizing your "sites" or "book marked" items by "subjects". Facebook I'm leary of and did not choose to do that portion of the course.

I learned a lot, but I also discovered some things that I would not have otherwise. Some things I'll use and some I won't. I'm glad to have had this experience and if a course like this is offered again in the future I probably would "enroll" in it again. Part of my problem is I have just finished my MLS and I was tired of studying - anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment